Welcome to Somatic Education Australasia (SEA), dedicated to the flourishing of somatic education, somatic arts practice and body-mind research in the Australasian region.
We are pleased to offer the first licensed Body-Mind Centering® (BMCsm) SOMATIC MOVEMENT EDUCATION certification program in Melbourne, Australia.
BMC Somatic Movement Educator training is for you if:
– you are inspired by the process of embodiment
– you want to develop ways to move in consciousness and presence
– you have an interest in embodied anatomy and developmental movement
– you want to facilitate movement and embodiment in a range of settings
– you are an artist, therapist, educator or researcher and want to include Body-Mind Centering® in your work
Courses may be taken individually, or, upon successful completion of the entire 500+ hour course, students may become a Certified Body-Mind Centering® Somatic Movement Educator, and a Registered Somatic Movement Educator through ISMETA (The International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association).
Learn more about our Body-Mind Centering® SME Program here
Body-Mind Centering is an ongoing, experiential journey into the alive and changing territory of the body. The explorer is the mind – our thoughts, feelings, energy, soul, and spirit. Through this journey we are led to an understanding of how the mind is expressed through the body in movement.-Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, Introduction to Body-Mind Centering®
Sensing, Feeling and Action, 2012, Contact Editions
We Acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the Lands on which we practice and offer our classes. We pay our deep respects to Indigenous Elders past, present and emerging. SEA supports Pay the Rent.